Make your own bath bombs that are free of artificial fragrances and colourants in just minutes!
Bath bombs are super easy to make, and it can be fun activity to do with your kids. You can customize them with different essential oils, herbs, and other natural colourants, or you can just make it without any of these extras.
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) baking soda – draws out toxins and alkalizes
- 40 mL citric acid – in combination with baking soda, creates the fizzy reaction
- 40 mL fine Himalayan pink salt, sea salt or epsom salt – rich in minerals
- ¼ cup (60 mL) cornstarch – gives a silky feel
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) olive oil – moisturizes
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) witch hazel – soothes skin
- 10-12 drops of essential oils (e.g. lavender, sweet orange)
- 4 Silicone muffin liners
- Combine all dry ingredients (baking soda, citric acid, salt, cornstarch) in a large bowl and mix well, breaking apart any clumps.
- Combine all liquid ingredients (olive oil, witch hazel, essential oils) in a small bowl (can use measuring cup) and mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients a few drops at a time while mixing well with hands.
- The consistency you want should be like wet sand. It should hold when you squeeze it together.
- Be careful not to add too much liquid but if you do need more, add it by spraying witch hazel to the mixture.
- Quickly firmly press the mixture into your silicone mold
- Let it dry for 24-48 hours. Store away from water. Use within 2 weeks.