This recipe will allow you to make a natural nourishing homemade lip balm. This recipe is the perfect protection for your lips, particularly during the colder months of the year. I like to make a batch of this and have several containers of it available in various spots at home and in my handbags so I always have them on hand.
- 2 teaspoons beeswax
- 2 teaspoons shea butter
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E
- 10+ drops peppermint essential oil or another essential oil of your choice
- Lip balm container (tin or tubes) large enough for approximately 30 mL of lip balm
- Mix beeswax, shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler or glass bowl over a small saucepan with an inch of water. Bring water to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer, and stir until the ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before adding the peppermint essential oil
- Pour in to lip balm tin or use a dropper to transfer it into lip balm tubes. Let it cool completely before using.