This is a wonderful summer salad. I put this recipe together this week using arugula and cherry tomatoes from our garden and it was so refreshing. Even though our arugula was on the more mature side, the peppery taste was a great addition to the salad. Those who want to avoid the peppery taste should opt for baby arugula instead. Enjoy!
Servings: 6 as main dishes, 8 as side dishes
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2-1/4 lb.), trimmed and cut into 1-inch florets (about 8 cups)
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, which is approximately 2 14.5 oz canned chickpeas (rinse and drain if you are using canned chickpeas)
- 3 cups arugula, chopped
- 210 g non-GMO tofu or soy-free chickpea tofu, diced or cut into strips approximately 1 cm in width
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat feta
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Toss the cauliflower with 2 tbsp of oil, the cumin and paprika, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper on a large baking tray and spread in an even layer.
- Stir after baking about 20 minutes, add the tomatoes, and roast for another 15-20 minutes until the edges are slightly browned. Let it cool 10-15 minutes before mixing it with the other ingredients.
- Mix the lemon juice, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper together. Slowly whisk in the remaining 3 tbsp oil. Add the dressing, chickpeas, tofu, arugula, feta, and pine nuts to the cauliflower, and toss to combine. You can serve it in the baking tray or in a different bowl.