Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Fruit Scone
Here is a quick gluten-free and sugar-free fruit scone recipe that uses just a few ingredients and is very easy to make. These scones are perfect as a breakfast item or as a quick snack. You can customize them with different fruits or simply serve them with some butter.
Servings: 12 scones
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp of date paste
- 6 strawberries, quartered, or equivalent amount of berries or other fruits
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients except for the strawberries in a large bowl.
- Stir until well mixed, using a hand mixer or a food processor.
- Let it sit for 1-2 minutes to allow the dough to expand and become cohesive. Meanwhile, lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Scoop up a handful of the mixture at a time and form each one into a patty. Press the patties onto the cookie sheets.
- Place two strawberry quarters on each patty, and gently press them down with your fingertips so that they won’t fall off after the scones are done baking.
- Bake at for 15 minutes or until done.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy immediately or save them for later!