This summer, we’ve been blessed to have access to an abundance of high quality and affordable organic berries, from our own garden and community orchard, local farms, and local grocery stores. So what do you do when you have too much berries to eat immediately? Make a berry crumble of course!
In this recipe, I’ve also added in rhubarb from our garden to give it a sweet tangy flavour, but you can always leave out the rhubarb and just use a mix of berries. My favourite part of this recipe is that it’s low in carbs and gluten-free. So give it a try and comment below to let me know what you think!
2 stalks rhubarb
- 2 cups berries of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of liquid organic stevia (unprocessed)
1/4 teaspoon guar gum
1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 12-18 drops liquid organic stevia (unprocessed)
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter cut into small pieces
- Chop rhubarb into bite sized pieces.
- Combine with berries in medium bowl.
- Mix in vanilla extract, stevia, and guar gum.
- Spread out into small casserole dish.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour and stevia in medium bowl.
- Mix in butter pieces using pastry cutter or fork.
- Spread topping evenly on top of filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden.
- Serve warm. Can be topped with ice cream or whipped cream.