Last week I posted my coconut milk and aloe vera shampoo recipe. Most of the time, I find that I don’t need a conditioner after using this shampoo. But on occasion, I will use this conditioner recipe to give my hair some extra boost, or to remove the chlorine from my hair after I go swimming. You don’t need much of it either. A little goes a long way! And don’t worry, the smell of the apple cider vinegar disappears pretty quickly once your hair dries. The essential oils also make it smell quite nice!
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 3-4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (ACV) – closes hair shaft to increase shine and reduce frizz. Also great for removing buildup on the hair and rinsing away chlorine after swimming.
- 1 tablespoon raw organic honey – great for scalp health and helps treat dandruff and reduce frizz.
- 5-10 drops of essential oils of your choice. Rosemary or sage essential oils for all types of hair. Lemon, bergamot, or tea tree essential oils for oily hair. Lavender, sandalwood or geranium essential oils for dry hair or dandruff.
- Mix all ingredients in a glass spray bottle.
- Shake well before using
- Spray and massage into hair and leave it on for 5 minutes. Use sparingly. A little goes a long way.