Best Holiday Experience Gifts
Being generous with your time is often more meaningful and memorable than giving more ‘stuff’. In this week’s blog post, we have a list of “experience” gift ideas for your family and friends. In our fourth post from our Guide to a Green Holiday in Metro Vancouver series, we have a variety of “experience” gifts options for you!
Here are our top experience gifts in Metro Vancouver for this holiday season that are super easy and local!
- Annual membership to Science World, Vancouver Aquarium, Bloedel Conservatory, or Museum of Vancouver
- Tickets to Bright Nights
- A gift card to Kidtropolis
- Classes at the Vancouver Circus School
- Classes at Arts Umbrella
- Classes at your local community centre
- 10-ticket pass to Circus Play Café Family photo shoot
- Classes or vouchers for kayaking, canoeing, white water rafting, rock-climbing, skiing / snowboarding / snowshoeing, etc.
- Ticket or pass for the Grouse Gondola
- Ticket or pass for Sea to Sky Gondola
- Ticket or pass for Capilano Suspension Bridge
Arts and culture:
Tickets or passes to:
- Vancouver Symphony Orchestra
- An arts theatre such as Arts Club Theater, The Cultch, Pacific Theatre
- Rio Theatre
- Vancouver Art Gallery
Other fun activities to do with your friends or family:
- Public or private cooking class
- Workshop with us, A Healthy Beginning (e.g. body care product-making)
- Christmas light shows around the city (Van Dusen Garden, Aurora Winter Festival, Robson Street)
- Skating at Robson Square, or at your local community centre
- Attending holiday craft fairs and markets (e.g. Eastside Flea Market, Shipyards Christmas Market)
These are just some ideas to make the holidays memorable with more than just gifts. Spending time with your loved ones and creating new memories lasts much longer than the latest trendy toy or gadget.
Check out previous posts in our Iona’s Guide to A Green Winter Holiday in Metro Vancouver series: