How to Make Honey Lemon Gummies with Gelatin and Juice
This is one of my favourite gummy recipes. And my kids love them too. It only requires a few ingredients, takes about 5 minutes to make, and is great for fighting colds and flu. All you need are lemons, honey, and grass-fed gelatin. I also like to add ginger powder, but that is optional.
You can let the mixture cool in a glass pyrex dish as you would with jello, but I prefer silicone molds. The gummies are easier to pop out and you can get some fun shapes!
The recipe below makes about 20 regular size gummy bears.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (from about 2 to 3 lemons)
- 2 1/2 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
- 1 tbsp raw organic honey (more if you like)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ginger powder (optional)
As you can see in the photo to the right, you can also make regular fruit gummies simply by substituting the lemons for other types of fruit (in this case, I have used strawberries).
- Heat the lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat
- Add the gelatin and whisk until all clumps are gone.
- Add the ginger powder now if you are going to use it, and stir until well mixed.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir in the honey until it is mixed well.
- Pour the mixture into silicone molds / glass dish.
- Place the molds / glass dish into the freezer and let it stay there for 15 minutes.
- Pop out the gummies and enjoy!