In an earlier article, I’d shared what are the best ways to protect yourself from getting burned by the sun and why it is important to get regular and safe exposure to the sun. But if you aren’t able to cover up or forget to wear a natural sunscreen, then this after-sun spray can help soothe a sunburn. It contains lavender essential oil, which is great for so many things, including speeding up the healing of wounds. Witch hazel is slightly antiseptic and helps reduce inflammation, while aloe vera gel is naturally anti-inflammatory and moisturizing. I also like to add frankincense oil to my blend to further speed up the healing process. Give it a try and quickly find relief.
- 1/2 cup witch hazel
- 2 tablespoons pure aloe vera gel
- 10 drops of pure lavender essential oil (organic preferably)
- 10 drops of pure frankincense essential oil (organic preferably) – optional
- 4 oz (or larger) glass spray bottle
- Combine ingredients in the bottle.
- Shake well before using.