Brazilian Cheese Bread (Pão de Queijo) Recipe
These little wonders are one of our household’s favourites. They’re chewy and cheesy, and gluten free. You can also make it dairy-free, add other herbs, or use other types of cheeses to tailor it to your preference.
As you can tell, my son loves them and one is never enough for him!
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I prefer avocado oil or melted coconut oil)
- 2/3 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) tapioca flour (tapioca starch) or arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup packed (about 100 grams) grated cheese of your choice (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the batter into greased mini muffin tins. Only fill them up about 3/4 full.
- Bake them for 20 minutes, until they’re puffy and lightly browned.
- Enjoy! Eat them while they’re warm or reheat them later.