How to Make Date Paste
Date paste is one of the best natural sweeteners. I always have this in my fridge and use it as a substitute for processed sugar in smoothies baked goods, such as breads, cookies and bars or as a spread. It’s also very easy to make. All you need is a blender or food processor and some dates, vanilla extract and salt!
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pour the water over the dates, and let them soak overnight.
- Transfer all of the contents into a food processor or blender after the dates have soaked.
- Add vanilla extract and salt and process until really smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the paste into a glass jar and place it in the fridge, where it will keep for about 3 months.
The post How to Make Date Paste appeared first on A Healthy Beginning.