This is one of my son’s favourite baked goodie. He gobbles them up whenever I make them. They are naturally sweetened and gluten-free. They are on the moist side, so make sure to store them in the fridge. If you don’t think you’ll finish them within 5 days or so, you can also freeze them and bring them to room temperature before serving.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice (juice from approx. 2 oranges)
- zest of one orange (~2 tsp)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup date paste, room temperature
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or cranberries, or a combo of both
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the coconut flour, eggs, orange juice, zest, honey, date paste, coconut oil, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the mixture to break up any clumps.
- Fold in the blueberries / cranberries.
- Spoon the batter into 12 lined muffin tins and sprinkle the coconut flakes on top.
- Bake the muffins for 23-25 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the centres feel firm to light touch.