Super Smoothie - How to Make
This smoothie contains all of the essential elements of a balanced super smoothie – high quality protein, greens, good fat, spices, natural sweetener, and a superfood. With the exception of the gelatin powder, it contains only whole foods so that your body can properly digest it and get the maximum benefits. You can also easily substitute any of the ingredients for others. Give it a try and let me know what you think of it!
For a smoothie that gives an extra immunity-boost, try my herbal smoothie recipe.
- 1 cup yogurt or kefir (made from goat milk preferably so it’s easier to digest). You can also use nut milk instead.
- 1 egg (omit for a vegan smoothie) – make sure you know and trust the source. Do not use store-bought eggs, as they are usually several weeks gold before they are actually sold in the store!
- 1 cup kale – a great source of iron, calcium, vitamins, and chlorophyll, which helps reduce inflammation.
- 2 tbsp almond butter – a source of good fats, which help balance leptin, which is your satiation and energy regulating hormone.
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds – a complete protein source, containing all the amino acids, plus essential fats such as omega-3, vitamins, and enzymes.
- a handful of cilantro / parsley – to bind and purge heavy metals from the body, purifying your tissues, organs and blood.
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder – it contains antioxidants, magnesium, and iron.
- 1 small apple or pear, cored – a natural sweetener
- 1 cup frozen blueberries – a natural sweetener and excellent source of antioxidants
- 2 tbsp gelatin powder (made from grass-fed beef) – I use a hydrolyzed collagen as it’s water soluble and doesn’t form a gel. It increases reproduction of blood cells for healing and conditioning, so it’s great for bone and joint health care.
Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth and enjoy!
If you want to learn more about how to make a healthy smoothie that tastes great, you can also check out this cheat sheet developed by Easy Healthy Smoothie.